Ketorolac - what is this drug for?
Ketorolac belongs to a large group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. This drug is well studied, produced both by domestic and foreign pharmaceutical companies, is presented in the pharmacy network in tablet form and in the form of a solution for injections. Also, ketorolac is part of the anti-inflammatory gel for topical application and in the composition of eye drops, as an active substance, however, already under a different name.
Since the appointment of ketorolac - to remove inflammation, it also helps with:
- diseases and conditions, accompanied by tissue damage: injuries, injuries of bones, joints and soft tissues (stretching of muscles, ligaments);
- pains with radicular syndrome (radiculitis);
- pains of inflammatory and "mechanical" nature in diseases of joints (these include osteoarthritis, osteochondrosis, pain syndrome in rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, gout);
- the so-called "oncological" pain, in these cases, the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can delay the start of the use of opioid analgesics;
- dental pain (it is a question of both toothache before the beginning of treatment, and the consequences of medical intervention, including pain after dental prosthetics).
How to buy Ketarolac (Toradol) online
What do you need to know about this drug?
1. It can be attributed to strong means. The use of ketorolac is recommended, including in the postoperative period, trauma and neuralgia, and in fact the pain syndrome under these conditions is pronounced.
2. Ketorolac, like other drugs from this group, can provoke an attack of bronchial asthma, cause increased bleeding and promote the appearance of erosions of the gastrointestinal tract. It is also not recommended to use this drug for people with kidney disease.
3. Due to the peculiarities in the above points, this medicine should be sold by prescription. It is very dangerous to engage in self-medication or follow the "good advice" of a neighbor or relative who took this remedy seemingly without any health consequences. Unfortunately, we are so used to it.
4. If this drug is prescribed in connection with chronic pain in the joints, then there is no "course of treatment" ketorolac, as well as other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs of short duration. This medicine is "situational". It hurts - it is necessary to accept, it does not hurt - it is not necessary to take.
Currently, the only dosage of tablets is available to the customer - 10 mg. Usually this dose is sufficient to obtain a rapid analgesic effect, which lasts for no less than six hours. In a day an adult can take up to four tablets of ketorolac. This is very convenient, for example, for patients with osteoarthritis who will travel in public transport, usually requiring the use of painkillers. At night, these patients practically do not need anesthesia, and they do not need to take drugs with a long (round-the-clock) anti-inflammatory effect.
Ketorolac in ampoules (injections)
There is an opinion that the administration of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in the form of injections reduces the risk of such undesirable reactions as erosion and ulcers of the gastrointestinal tract. Unfortunately, everything is not so simple. The difference between the injection form and the tablets is only one: the medicine, which has got through the digestive system, penetrates into the body (that is, it is absorbed into the blood) not completely. Thus, a patient who has taken 10 mg of ketorolac actually receives 9 or even 7 mg. At the same time, when this agent is injected into the muscle or into a vein, you can be sure that the whole substance will be completely in the blood.
Paradoxically, side effects from the gastrointestinal tract are encountered with the same frequency - both in patients taking ketorolac tablets and in patients receiving injections! This is a repeatedly proven scientific fact.
Important to remember
The total duration of treatment with Ketorolac in tablets should not exceed seven days, and Ketorolac injections are prescribed for no more than five days for adults and not more than two days for children.
When treated with this drug, "surprises" from the central nervous system are possible: lethargy, drowsiness, inability to concentrate, dizziness. Therefore, for the period of treatment Ketorolakom it is better to refrain from driving a car or working with precise equipment.
Categorically, it is impossible to take Ketorolac at the extreme stages of pregnancy, just before birth and, especially, during childbirth. This is due to the ability of this drug to worsen contractions of the uterus, making them weak and lethargic. If possible, this drug should not be taken concomitantly with paracetamol, because of the possible summation of their side effects.
If this is not possible (for example, if necessary to reduce the body temperature with paracetamol), the duration of combined use of Ketorolac and paracetamol should not exceed five days.